The race will be under Triathlon Australia race rules
The Triathlon is sanctioned and run under the Triathlon Queensland guidelines. For full details of rules and regulations go to www.triathlonqld.com.au or Download the Rules.
Please be aware of the latest rules for drafting. A TA Youtube video explaining drafting is available here.
Triathlon Australia Rules & Regulations
- Wear your swim cap to ensure you race in the correct category.
- Ensure you have your timing chip on.
- Body numbers must be visible.
- Helmets must be on and done up before you touch your bike.
- You must place your bike on the rack after the bike leg before removing your helmet.
- Roads are closed but locals can get an escort out if they live on the circuit - keep this in mind and abide by road rules - keep left.
- Complete triathlon clothing wear must be worn at all times - tops and bottoms.
- No Drafting - officials will penalise for drafting.
- Only matching body race number and bike numbers will be permitted to remove the bikes from the transition area.
- The competitor is responsible for familiarising themselves with the courses, directions. Full maps available online, in your competitor program and on competitor information boards.
Minimum Age Requirements
Maximum distances are listed below:
12 yrs – 300m/10km/2km
13 yrs – 400m/15km/4km
14 yrs – 750m/20km/5km
15 yrs – 1.5km/40km/10km